The Car Accident That Triggered My RSD/CRPS

Saturday was hectic where I worked, in a small office where two sales agents took turns answering the phones and showing properties. Most of this particular day in November was spent with me on the phone fielding property management calls for another Realtor who was out of town. Dealing with leaky faucets, backed up sewers and contractors who didn't want to work on Saturday didn't pay my bills! I was resentful and could not wait for the work day to be over so that I could join my husband. We had planned to attend the Cattleman's Association meeting that evening instead of the Realtor's Banquet. Our reasoning was that we would have more chances to sell real estate and fences or small barns (which was my husband's business) at the Cattleman's meeting.

After being verbally abused by renters and vendors the whole day, I locked the front door of the office building. I told my co-worker that I had a terrible day and was glad it was over. Getting in the car, heading west toward my home, I relaxed enough to realize how tired I felt. My husband had called earlier, and we agreed to meet at the local convenience store for a coffee break before going home to change clothes. As I neared the store, going only about 20 miles per hour, I glanced at the parking lot, scanning for my husband's truck. I didn't see it, and thought very quickly that I might just go home, skipping the coffee. Then, with a second thought, I made a left turn that would change my life forever.


  


1 comment: